Thursday, May 18, 2017

Jersey Diner by Lisa Diane Kastner @goddessfish @lisadkastner






TENS LIST

What 10 things do you most enjoy?


These days, I like to focus on what make me joyful. Anything from the simple, everyday to the complex. It helps me remember that every day is a treasure and a gift. Here it goes (in no particular order):
1.    My husband. Just the way he looks at me makes my soul sing. I love hearing his voice. I adore it when he calls me (I swear he’s psychic and can tell when I’m stressed out because Poof! he calls) when I’m down or having a tough day and reminds me how wonderful life is, even just by him saying I love you and miss you.
2.    My Keetens (that’s kittens for you lay-people).  Their names are The Master and Margarita after Bulgakov’s classic novel.  I wanted to name them the devil’s minions but my husband didn’t go for that.  They are Tuxedo cats who are huggable, lovable, and smart as anything. They know how to open drawers and doors.  Once I caught them trying to turn a door knob with one on top of the other’s back. Good thing they don’t have opposable thumbs or I’d have been screwed!  Next thing I’ll probably find them riding motorcycles around the neighborhood.
3.    Freshly made French Press coffee with soy milk and on a really big day, whipped cream.  First of all, there’s nothing that beats French Press coffee on a cool morning as I sit on the front porch of our Historic Victorian home in Los Angeles and simply listen to the sounds of the morning as the neighborhood awakens.  All the more fabulous when you bring out the good ol’ can o’ whipped cream to top that steaming cup (or bowl, in my case).
4.    Watching a California sunset across the mountains.  Seriously, the colors are breathtaking. You don’t need to go to the beach (although that’s cool) and you don’t need to go to the mountains (although that is simply phenomenal) … you simply need to go some place that will allow you to look out over the horizon and there you will find joy.
5.    Naps. Yup, I’m a napper.  I tend to get up pretty early and stay up a bit late so I need some rest in between.  I can nap in a chair, on a plane, on a couch, in my bed … pretty much anywhere.
6.    My husband’s scent. I know that sounds weird, right?  But it’s true.  When I’m traveling or he’s traveling I tend to take with me one of the t-shirts he’s recently worn so I can sleep in it. Otherwise, I truly cannot sleep. After a stressful day, just putting it on eases my anxieties.
7.    Laughter. Nothing beats the sound of a true heartfelt laugh.  A child’s. A friend’s. A family member’s. A stranger’s. Doesn’t matter. The sound of laughter can change strangers to pals in a blink.
8.    Writing. Everything about it. I love coming up with the ideas. I love freewriting. I love researching. I love outlining. I love creating characters. I love editing. I love the excitement when someone says they loved the story or they didn’t expect X to happen or Y to happen.
9.    Reading. Being introduced to a fabulous story is like being introduced to a new friend. And if the story is truly fabulous then you can go back and reintroduce yourself to that new friend over and over again and find out a little something else every time.
10. You. You make me happy.  Thank you for welcoming me to  your blog and for making this day one that I looked forward to with a smile.



 ABOUT THE BOOK

Jersey Diner
by Lisa Diane Kastner


GENRE:   commercial romance


BLURB:

Lauren has a dead end job as a waitress at the Oaklyn Diner. She becomes ecstatic when the diner is chosen to be the focal point of an upcoming movie, *Jersey Diner,* starring Jonathan Pearce. When filming ends she moves to California to start a new life with him. Lauren quickly discovers that all that she thought was real and true are in question.



EXCERPT

“Here’s a copy of the script, read through it and then go over the scenes with the girl.”
           
“I can try. I never acted so I don’t know how much of a help I’ll be.”
           
He plopped it into my arms. The script weighed more than a stacked tray.
           
“This isn’t about acting. It’s about realism. That’s why we need your help. You’re a real waitress and this one just doesn’t get it.” He smirked. “If I could get ten cents for every time one of these actresses thought they could feel their way through a part. I’d be a zillionaire. Then give me a dime for every time they were wrong. Oh. I’d be …” He stopped. “Start reading.” 
           
I had opened the cover and started flipping through the pages.
           
“Good. I knew you’d be the right person for the job. We’ll pay you for your time. You can be our ‘Resident Expert on Serving.’ Ya know, like a martial arts expert.”
           
“Fun.”   


 


There is another tour for a book from Running Wild Press -- please visit 
This Page for more information.


AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Lisa is a former correspondent for the Philadelphia Theatre Review and Features Editor for the Picolata Review, her short stories have appeared in magazines and journals such as StraightJackets Magazine and HESA Inprint. In 2007 Kastner was featured in the Fresh Lines @ Fresh Nine, a public reading hosted by Gross McCleaf Art Gallery.
She founded Running Wild Writers and is the former president of Pennwriters, Inc. (www.pennwriters.com). She received her MFA in Creative Writing from Fairfield University, her MBA from Pennsylvania State and her BS from Drexel University (She’s definitely full of it). Her novel THE KEEPER OF LOST THINGS was shortlisted in the fiction category of the William Faulkner Words and Wisdom Award and her memoir BREATHE was a semi-finalist in the nonfiction category of the same award.
Lisa presented at a TEDx in Seattle on The Power of Connecting. And presented at the Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP) on the “You Sent Us What?” panel.
Born and raised in Camden, New Jersey The Redness migrated to Philadelphia in her twenties and eventually transported to Los Angeles, California with her partner-in-crime and ever-talented husband. They nurture two felonious felines who anxiously encourage and engage in little sparks of anarchy.

Twitter: @lisadkastner
Instagram: 60shadesofred
Website: lisadianekastner.com




GIVEAWAY
Lisa Diane Kastner will be awarding a $50, a $25 and a $10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winners (three winners) via rafflecopter during the tour.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


4 comments:

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thanks for hosting!

Lisa Kastner said...

Thank you for hosting me. Truly a pleasure.

Victoria Alexander said...

Thanks for sharing :)

Nikolina said...

I really enjoyed reading the guest post, thank you!